Re: what type of document do we want?

William, I am standing virtually by your side, though bytes may be rained
upon me...

I think the most appropriate way of explaining what is needed are examples,
and this will take us some time at our current rate of production (one image
in WCAG 2, 4 icons and about a dozen images in ATAG techs, ...). They will
also need to be backed up with some general explanation of what we are trying
to accomplish, and why the examples are good ones (or not).

Similar to the way that we actually explain what is reqiured as an equivalent
alternative by providing examples. (But they are easier to do <grin/>)

I think this stuff is all techniques material - supporting information, that
should explain how to do something, abd how to check if it has been done
(these may not be the same part - see the latest group draft of techniques
for authoring tool accessibility http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/WD-ATAG10-TECHS-20010319/
as an example of how these <em>might<em> be split).

cheers

chaals

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, William Loughborough wrote:

  At 06:09 PM 4/2/01 -0400, Anne Pemberton wrote:
  >... I wouldn't want to say how many graphics per page indicate it's
  >properly "illustrated", but will we have to?

  As the guidelines document itself becomes more self-reflexive in this
  regard we can talk more honorably about this matter. As a group we should
  take it upon ourselves to provide illustrations that illustrate the
  importance of illustration.

  I have tried, however naively to make a start in this direction
  [http://pair.com/xguide.htm] as has Wendy in her "icon" accompanying
  checkpoint 3.4 [http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#supplement-text].

  I think it should become a regular topic on the list - suggested
  illustrations and discussions thereof. The time is past when we can
  straight-facedly claim that they are either impossible or unimportant.

  I hope I am not alone in this stand?

  --
  Love.
                   ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE