Re: Why CSS On Older Browsers Is Broken

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 19:08:44 -0700
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>, Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Cc: WAI Guidelines List <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 09:11 PM 9/29/00 -0700, Anne Pemberton wrote:
>Seriously, what would be the issues if a multi-media vehicle, such as
>Flash, would not require a "text equivalent"

WL: Material on the Web has semantics and if that meaning is ONLY available
through visual apparati then those without retinae (including those
accessing via lynx, images-off, etc.) would be excluded. We have become so
(almost pathologically) dependent on eyesight that we're in danger of
losing vision. Awareness of this is central to humanity.