accessibility and text revisited

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:04:00 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
"Text is considered accessible to almost all users..." appears at
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-CORE-TECHS/#text-equivalent and the "almost" in
there rang the bell that Jonathan and others implanted in my brain.

I would like to see some furtherance in this context to the effect that for
some people text is not particularly accessible. Its inaccessibility can
likely be mitigated by certain other media. I know we say something like
that elsewhere but this is a good place to serve notice.

"Everyone, everything connected" may sound like pie-in-the-sky but you
gotta have hope and we should be giving as well as holding hope that
"everyone" means everyone.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE