From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Updated WCAG 1.0 Techniques published as Note
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:45:56 -0400

The series of WCAG 1.0 Techniques documents have been published as W3C
Notes.

Before publishing we made a few changes to make it more clear that there
are 4 documents and the purpose of each document.

"Four documents?" you may be asking yourself?  Yes, we moved the
"Accessibility Themes" into its own document so that "Techniques for WCAG
1.0" is purely the gateway to the other documents.  Therefore, the series
of documents includes:

Techniques for WCAG 1.0 [1] - The gateway to the other documents.
Core Techniques for WCAG 1.0 [2] - Previously the "Accessibility Themes"
section.
HTML Techniques for WCAG 1.0 [3] - HTML-specific examples and strategies.
CSS Techniques for WCAG 1.0 [4] - CSS-specific examples and strategies.

The abstract and status sections of these documents have been edited to
help clarify how the documents relate to each other.

--wendy

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-TECHS-20000920/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-CORE-TECHS-20000920/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/NOTE-WCAG10-HTML-TECHS-20000920/