Re: author-defined content vs. "primary" content

An alternative would be to talk about specified views - there are many views
possible, and many views will be used. For content authors, it is likely that
they will specify features for a few views at most. But it is often a false
assumption (not often enough at the moment, but nonetheless true) that tehre
is a primary view - content is already being designed to work on graphic
terminals, as voice, or using tiny handheld devices.

At the WAP/W3C workshop there was discussion on the requirements for
integrating voice systtems with mobile phone based systems, and it was clear
that a requirements is to be able to specify the presentation of several
views, i.e. optimise it for those views, and that another requirement is that
the content could be presented in some reasonable way by a default
specfication for the wider range of views that are actually used.

Charles McCN