Re: minutes from 14 sept. meeting

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 15:34:50 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 06:22 PM 9/14/00 -0400, Gregg said:
>I am concerned about 1.1. Will "tactually" cause people to 'get bent'?"

WL: The worry that we are calling for the invention of a haptic rendition
of graphics (upon which millions of $ and hours have been spent -
essentially to little avail) is what I believe is addressed.

Perhaps a clarification to the effect that this refers, *at this time* to
braille and possibly to some of the actual devices that "finger spell" and
do some crude sign language rather than a touch-sensed picture? I am sure
that we don't intend for the author to provide for a "raised line image" or
anything more esoteric than a presentation of text through braille?

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE