Normative ?

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:10:13 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Realizing my rambling on the subject was not very clear ....
The problem in the case of the current ADA is that if "that guy with the
tape measure" doesn't bother or gets it wrong then about the stongest thing
you can say is "in my opinion that fails to meet ...".
A statement like that doesn't get very far when someone may need to tear
down and rebuild a ramp, and I don't think it will be any easier with web
sites.
Experience with situations like that make me want to see the most specific
rules possible included in the normative document.
Marti