Re: Clarification Of Technique 1.3

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:58:04 -0400
To: <love26@gorge.net>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
"Instead I think that for practical reasons we should change this from a
priority 1 to a priority 2."

I knew I was going to catch flack for this proposal but thought it needed to
be said.

If we leave it as a priority 1 then we're in the position of letting the
user decide if the video content requires a synchronized audio description.
So when is an audio description required?

a) The a/v presentation itself is important to the user's well being.
b) The a/v presentation itself is important to the culture.
c) The audio track does not adequately describe the video.
d) Other suggestions??

Can anyone suggest a site that has an synched audio description for an a/v
presentation?

Chris