Re: Please Help me understand

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@crosslink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:03:47 -0500
To: "Marti" <marti47@MEDIAONE.NET>
Marti,

	I like your suggestion for development of specialized browsers to let a
user dial in how they view/hear/feel/smell the web. Perhaps starting with a
speech browser, add features to allow the user to pinpoint a unit as small
as a word, to pronounce, the allow the user to turn off or on how the
content is presented. If, as an example, the browser permits "turn off
text", the only responsibility of the page author is to provide an
alternative to text. Graphics use less bandwidth than audio/video. Ideally,
such a browser could include a translator to convert text to various
popular symbolic languages including sign languages for the deaf. I suspect
that an efficient written language translater will exist before a
translater for symbolic languages can happen.

				Anne

Anne L. Pemberton
http://www.pen.k12.va.us/Pav/Academy1
http://www.erols.com/stevepem/Homeschooling