Re: accessibility and its meaning.

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:08:13 -0500
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <jay@peepo.com>, "w3c" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

most of the mencap site is under construction. I could not find any
information about their user group.  if there is something on their site
that I have missed, please let me know.

also, could you provide the URL in the WAI list archives of the e-mail from
1998 that you were reading?

At 03:44 AM 2/27/00 , Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>I was reading some wai postings from '98 about MENCAP* and the meaning of
>In discussions with MENCAP it became apparent that they are attempting to
>address the issue of providing content for not only professionals, carers
>and parents, but also their user group....
>Please take a look at http://mencap.org
>wai accessibility is evidently something else, and
>it would be very helpful for us all,
>if we could move towards a more user centric model.
>Charities might benefit as well as individuals.
>*(MENCAP is one of the premiere cognitive difficulty charities in the UK.)
>Jonathan Chetwynd
>Special needs teacher / web accessibility consultant

wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium
web accessibility initiative
madison, wi usa