accessibility and its meaning.

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <jay@peepo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:44:28 -0000
To: "w3c" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I was reading some wai postings from '98 about MENCAP* and the meaning of
accessibility

In discussions with MENCAP it became apparent that they are attempting to
address the issue of providing content for not only professionals, carers
and parents, but also their user group....
Please take a look at http://mencap.org

wai accessibility is evidently something else, and
it would be very helpful for us all,
if we could move towards a more user centric model.
Charities might benefit as well as individuals.

*(MENCAP is one of the premiere cognitive difficulty charities in the UK.)
jay@peepo.com

Jonathan Chetwynd
Special needs teacher / web accessibility consultant