Dating conformance Re: URI correction Re: minutes posted

Thanks Al.

To take up an issue:

I am going to pretend for a minute that there are no until User
Agents... clauses. And then I'll get back to the real world. But humour me a
moment, if you will...

If the working group changes the requirements, for example by publishing WCAG
1.1 or 2.0 or something, then one of the things we could do is explicitly
request that WCAG 1.0 be moved from Recommendation Status to former
recommendation or obsolete recommendation or something. There curently isn't
such a thing in the process of W3C, so it would need to be approved by the
Advisory Council/Committee (I don't recall what they are at the minute -
basically the members) but if it is a good idea then we have a duty to ask
for it anyway. In a case where we made a change that was not "backwards
compatible" this could be quite an important thing to do.

And in the real world, the AC has given us permission to change the rules as
we go, to a certain extent, because the role of the Browser Support page is
institutionalised by being in the Recommendation they approved. Maybe we
should not do this again, because it confuses things, but given the situation
we are in it seems possible for the working group to declare that "X is the
case, which changes the conformance requirements, and therefore any
conformance claim made before a particular date must be re-validated in order
to still be true".

Charles McCN