Re: IDs? and classes

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:45:33 -0500
To: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 05:10 PM 2000-06-15 -0400, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:
>At 07:15 PM 6/13/2000 -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
>>
>>I continue to claim that if the resource linked to via the html.profile
>>parameter contained a data dictionary for CLASS values as well, it wouldn't
>>break anything and would be the maximally HTML-backward-compatible way to
>>introduce additional knowledge keyed to CLASS marks.  This is [my current
>>working estimate of the best way] to introduce user-defined markup in the
>>HTML context.
>
>This gives a solution to HTML, but we need to use this in other languages
>as well. It would be nice to have a consistent solution.

For things that are pretty much like web pages, people are so far as I know
thinking of embedding things like MathML and SVG in XMTLM wrappers.  To
that extent it is reusable.  XML Schema also provides an attribute for a
schema location <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#xsi:schemaLocation>.

It would be nice to have a consistent solution.  It would be good to have
any workable solution.

Al