Errata process for WCAG and/or W3C

From: <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:49:10 -0400
To: W3c-wai-gl@w3.org, wai-wcag-editors@w3.org
cc: jbrewer@w3.org

I was under the impression, but apparently mistaken, that the "current
version" [1] of the document had in fact incorporated the errata [2] as
they came in and were posted.  In other words, why have a 5 May 1999
version and a "current version" if they are still the same?  Can't we
integrate the errata without changing the level of the recommendation?

I reviewed the W3C process [3] and found no mention of "how" to manage
errata.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WAI-WEBCONTENT-ERRATA
[3] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Process/Process-19991111/tr.html#Recs

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  1.512.838.4517
IBM Accessibility Center - Special Needs Systems
http://www.ibm.com/able