Re: A symbolic WAI homepage

At 06:18 PM 4/8/00 +0100, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>william wrote:
>WL: We're eagerly looking forward to see your development of this
>graphical representation.
>
>I have tried to indicate to everyone on this list that it is a group effort
>that is required.
>I have already produced http://www.peepo.com/access

I hope you mean you would want to have feedback from the site? Here are my
main comments from a general usability perspective:

Quite a lot of this page is actually text - In my point of view the
simplification comes from having only a little text in one page, no
paragraphs, just main thoughts in one sentence  or a word. Is that what you
are aiming to? Is it better to have many pages with little information or
couple of pages with more information?

The hello icon does not give me much information and I need the text to
understand it. But I can learn it if it is used consistently in many
places. I might also want to use my own memory aid icons from my personal
library but this is currently not straightforward to do, maybe adding icon
annotations to a page could help with CD?

What I would add to the site, is to have a graphical navigation bar to
illustrate the site structure instead of textually saying to continue to
the next page and other textual links. That navigation bar should give
feedback about where the users are (what they selected) and where they can
go (other items in the navigation bar).

Rigth now if I select links along my way and then try to think were I ended
to and how to get back, or what else there is, I'm in trouble. Navigation
bar functions as a memory aid to me.

I hope this helps a bit forward.

Marja