Re: Seeking guidance...

Interesting question.

At the moment there is no way to make this happen on the client side - you
always need some kind of server-side solution (such as the submenu, although
there are fancier things you could do which would hit your server harder).

You could make this more directly accesssible for those with script-capable
browsers by adding an onfocus method, but I need to think for a minute how
that works for turning things off (since the focus will shift to a bit of the
submenu...).

It might not be very easy to do this in HTML. An interesting question is that
use of submenus that are not available on the main page unless you process
scripts, and the effect this has on the accessibility of the site. The
obvious issue is that you are required to use a different navigation path if
you have a browser that canot handle scripts. But then, you can use both
paths if you do handle scripts.

thoughts anyone?

Charles McCN