Re: Breaking it Down: Types of Cognitive Disabilities

Humnour me for a moment, please *grin*. Actually, what we are told is that
there are some people who cannot read text easily, but for whom screenreaders
are indeed helpful. There are other people who not only cannot easily read
text, but in fact cannot understand complex written OR oral language, and
screen readers will not be particularly helpful. Among the latter will be
people who are deaf, and for whom any written or spokemn language is a second
language. (Or is this an i18n problem... Actually I believe it is a
disability problem, but illustrates the deeply related nature of the two
areas).

cheers

Charles

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

[snip]
  >Here are some guesses
  >+ Not being able to read text (but not having a problem with arbitrarily
  >   complex content)

  But we've been told repeatedly (why, I don't know) that screenreaders,
  which compensate for inability to read text, are not a solution for
  CD user.

[snip]