Appropriate Use of Graphics, and Web Design by Blind People

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 21:25:07 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Question:  Does a requirement to use graphics "when appropriate" --
something that may not be easily done by users with visual
disabilities -- mean that blind people are not going to be "good"
web designers?

Especially if we are going to expect them to be skilled in graphical
user interface design and understand how to use images to communicate
with people with cognitive disabilities?

If we adopted a "use graphics" requirement as a P1, would a blind
designer be able to meet that requirement effectively?

Just thinking out loud -- don't mind me.

Director of Accessibility, edapta                  http://www.edapta.com/
AWARE Center Director                         http://www.awarecenter.org/