Re: Validation of Equivalents

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 10:58:10 +0100
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "eric hansen" <ehansen@ets.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I liked the gist of this though I did find that the meaning gets lost in the
explanation.

For myself and in relation to the continuum of cognitive disability, the
following 3 topics may be sufficient:

The recognition of a need.
The opportunity to attempt to meet that need.
The ease of provision.

Quantifying the degree of success is fraught with problems.

This is not a cop-out
Even given the relatively simple alt tag and its use or not, there is no
simple way of identifying usage, let alone satisfaction, and this is a real
problem for the www.

jay@peepo.com

a www for those learning to read.

Please send us links to your favourite websites.
Our site www.peepo.com is a drive thru.
When you see a link of interest, click on it.
Move the mouse to slow down.
It is a graphical aid to browsing the www.
We value your comments.