Re: Validation of Equivalents

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:14:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: eric hansen <ehansen@ets.org>
cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I agree with the conclusion that a claim of conformance includes a claim that
equivalents are valid. I think that in fact there is only ever a claim for
this - there is no test by which it can be absolutely determined that a given
"candidate equivalent" in Eric's terminology is in fact valid, just an
assertion that it is sufficient.

Charles McCN