Re: More materials for preparation for todays discussion of grouping links in the telecon

From: Alan J. Flavell <flavell@a5.ph.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:19:35 +0100 (BST)
To: thatch@us.ibm.com
cc: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 thatch@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Window Eyes has skip to next non-active element. That often helps,
> but not when authors put normal "[", "]" and "|" around links!

That's unfortunate, because I had been going to extra trouble to
separate active links with non-active non-blank characters just like
that, as a result of an earlier accessibility recommendation :-}

While I guess we'll all agree that this business is built on
compromise, I'm now wondering whether the optimal compromise may have
shifted...?

best regards