Re: More materials for preparation for todays discussion of grouping links in the telecon

From: <thatch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:52:30 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Al asked: Did I hear there is a screen reader already out there that has
implemented some sort of skip-navigation heuristic algorithm?

Window Eyes has skip to next non-active element. That often helps, but not when
authors put normal "[", "]" and "|" around links! To my knowledge that is the
only skip navigation technque in the screen reader world.

Jim Thatcher
IBM Special Needs Systems
www.ibm.com/sns
thatch@us.ibm.com