Re: Conformance Level

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 1999 07:05:50 -0700
To: Robert Neff <robneff@home.com>
CC: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
RN:: "...eliminating...Prioritites!"

WL: I guess that for everything except U.S. Federally funded sites this
makes a lot of sense.  "Conformance" in the sense of Section 508 and
whether purchase of only accessible goods and services is permissible
probably must have some criterion.  *RECOMMENDED* guidelines should be
just that recommended.  Priority and Conformance seem to be related to
*REQUIRED* more than *recommended*. The notion that W3C can require
anything is only germane when their recommendations have been given
official primateur as in Access Board Regulations - beyond our purview.

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE