RE: A different approach for web page accessibility

From: Mark Andrew Nassy <nassy@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 14:05:10 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
when i visited

with ms ie 4.5 for the mac with jscript and images disabled and css enabled
(my default settings) i was unable to view the contents of

i went into ms ie's preferences and turned on jscript and then selected
each link.  the problem i encountered here was the text that appeared after
clicking on either link overlapped the original text on the web page making
it very difficult to view.

>At 07:03 PM 3/27/99 -0800, Scott Luebking wrote:

>>A complaint that I've heard from various blind web page users is that
>>they often have to read through all sorts of navigation links before
>>they can get to the "meat" of the page.

>>of dynamic HTML, I re-wrote one of BART's web pages so that the navigation
>>bars are invisible.

>>to take a look at this version of the web page, the URL is:
>>  http://members.aol.com/criptrip/alt_bart_page.html
>>There are some interesting benefits to the approach.  The page becomes
>much simpler
>>to read for blind people and people with certain types of learning

>>Let me know what you think.

Mark Andrew Nassy,