Re: blockquote and indentation

These were meant to be sent to the list a while ago but unfortunately my
home mailer does things in its own way.

At 09:46 AM 2/10/99 +0000, you wrote:
>On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:
>
>> This point could say also what to use for indentation if that is necessary:
>
>Excuse me, but if indentation is "necessary" in HTML then there is
>something wrong.  How are you going to indent the speaking browser?

Indentation often makes things more easy to read or look visually at as
lines begin at the same page etc. That's why designers use grids to make
layout for the pages.

>If indentation is a desirable presentation of something, then CSS has
>the ideal solution, and its use is already a general principle of WAI.
>Many authors will still be (mis)using TABLE to achieve this on old
>browsers, but I wouldn't have thought that this point (viz.
>"Quotations") in the guidelines was the right place to discuss the
>rights and wrongs of that.
>
>best regards

So, shouldn't we say that CSS is the way to do that? I know it is somewhere
else in the document, but I don't think it hurts to say what the right way
to do things is when we are banning the wrong way.

  Marja