Re: NOTE Last look and comment before LAST CALL

I have two issues

Issue 1
What happened to the rating system?
I thought we discussed the a rating system.

Issue 2
35.made color contrast a P2 rather than P1
Make colours controlable from browser.
http://www.cnib.ca/tips.htm

Issue 3
Broke identify-changes into 2 checkpoints, identify-changes=p1,
identify-lang=p3,
Refer to the lanuage P3 from the P1.

Issue 4
Organize the guide to be by topics and by Priority.

----------------
Issue 1
What happened to the rating system?
I thought we discussed the a rating system.

If a site passes all priority 1 items it would have a P1 or A rating
If a site passes all priority 1, and 2 items it would have a P2, or AA rating.
If a site passes all priority 1, 2, and 3 items it would have P3, or AAA
rating.

I like the A rating system because it is used universally and is instantly
understood that AAA is best and AA is second best, and A is third best.

If I was a site that concerned with marketing my site as being accessible I
would want to be able to display an AAA rating or a P1 rating.  1 normal
means first or best.  The P1, P2, P3 rating system would be confusing to
the public.  The marketing people control the web site budget and to get
them to put up the money to make sites accessible you have to give them the
best bang for their buck.

Most marketing people are only concerned with selling to the majority of
the people, and are not concerned with selling to the disabled, just
looking like they are accessible.

----------------------------
Issue 2
35.made color contrast a P2 rather than P1

I guess I missed this last night.  The CNIB (Canadian National Institute
for the Blind) considers contrast to be the highest priority.  From a
discussion I just have with them, we suggest.

That it be a priority 1 that web pages be allowed to be controled by the
browser and images have high contrast.

From what I was told some java script does not allow the browser to control
background and text and links.

The reason for the browser to control the contrast is that different people
have different requirements for colours.  The best colours are not always
black and white.

-----------------------

Issue 3
Broke identify-changes into 2 checkpoints, identify-changes=p1,
identify-lang=p3,
Refer to the lanuage P3 from the P1.

A quick reference be made from the P1 to mention the P3 lanugage rules.

----------------

Issue 4

Organize the guide to be by topics and by Priority.

The document would have

P1 items listed first
P2 items listed second
P3 items listed third

In this way a web develper can learn how to make web sites accessible in
order.  In this way it will be easy for people to learn the most important
items first.

Some people may think that I am coming in at the end and making suggestions
after much time has beeb spent on this document.  My felling is that this
is the LAST chance to make suggestions.  It is like speak of forever hold
your piece.

Peter