FW: card4+

To the GL Group:

Here is a comment or discussion that I put to the EO Group.  Dan prefers
this go to the GL.  My discussion is where the Page Authoring Guidleines
state

If a table is used for layout, do not use any structural markup for the
purpose of visual formatting. <wai-pageauth-tech.html#tech-table-layout>
For example, in HTML do not use the table header (TH) element to cause the
contents of a cell to be displayed centered and in bold. Other attributes of
a table, such as a caption describing the layout purpose and content of
columns is valuable, particularly if some cells become navbars, frames,
images, imagemaps, or lists of links. [Priority 1]

And the QuickTips state
9. Tables  Avoid using tables to format text columns. Make sure cell-by-cell
reading order makes sense for tabular data.

I would like to see an example where a Table is made with a navigation bar
on the left and text in on right where one cell is used.  Please see my
discussion below.  I feel this would clarify something (navbars and text)
that is commonly used.  I see navbars widely used and they are used in
conjuction with multiple text columns and rows.  For an example, see
www.dol.gov <http://www.dol.gov>   Please feel free to contact if anyone
would like to discuss this further.
Many thanks,  Rob Neff