RE: NOFRAMES is the right way.

From: Charles Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:09:21 -0800
To: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
<<
This reflects the priority system accurately. But the techniques document
should strongly recommend the use of NOFRAMES.

The Charles' are once again in a agreement and I would add, although I'm
sure that this is thought of already, that the content of the <NOFRAMES> tag
be *replacement* information - Not just a "Get a frames capable browser"
like so many pages do already.

A possible repair strategy is to evaluate the content of a <NOFRAMES> tag
and see if it mentions browser names and flag is as a possible problem.

Charles Oppermann
Program Manager, Accessibility and Disabilities Group, Microsoft Corporation
mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com  http://www.microsoft.com/enable/
"A computer on every desk and in every home, usable by everyone!"