Compatability

From: Ashlee Diehl <adiehl@tb.tele-bank.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:17:39 -0500
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Dear Sir or Madam,
How can I find out if my company's Web site (www.telebankonline.com) is
universally accessible?  How would a visually impaired or blind person
go about getting on the web?  Would they have to use applications and
browsers such as JAWS or Lynx?  Does a Web site have to reach certain
standards to be able to be used with these interfaces?

I would like to make our Web site as accessible as possible, but I'm not
sure where to begin.  Do you have any suggestions?  Is there a check
list that I can give to my Web master to find out how accessible we are?

Thanks for your help,

Ashlee Diehl
Marketing Programs Manager
TeleBank