Re: checklist ideas

From: Mike Paciello <paciello@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 11:15:43 -0500
To: love26@gorge.net, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I am! The resulting insert will be suitable for my book, which Judy and I
agree is a good thing to do in order to promote the WAI. My idea is to
include either the Tips and/or Checklist as part of the book jacket --
something a person can tear off.

Something else that we should consider -- brailling the insert. When I
developed the VIOLD CD-ROM at Digital, we brailled the installation
instructions on the CD jacket. This worked very nicely and actually turned
out to be a "hit" with many of the customers -- it was perceived as a novel
approach to publishing. Reactions were similar to the reactions we often
receive when distributing brailled business cards. (This not to be
misinterpreted as "braille is a novelty"; rather, it's means for attracting
a wider level of interest).

- Mike

At 07:55 AM 1/18/99 -0800, William Loughborough wrote:
>I am focusing on the checklist document.  In the same vein as EO's
>"tips" card the checklist should become an item easily distributed at
>conferences, in books, with shrink-wrapped software, etc.  A (perhaps
>laminated?) two sides of a letter size sheet.
>
>To accomplish this we must address both form and content.  In the form
>described there is no need for the "Yes, No, N/A" area which if devoted
>to reformatted text would very nearly get the thing down to the size
>described.  The "And if you use..." type headers might be achieved with
>less waste space or even with color-coding or even eliminated with
>regrouped items.
>
>Anyone interested?
>--
>Love.
>            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE
>http://dicomp.pair.com

Mike Paciello                     Email: <paciello@ma.ultranet.com>
WebABLE! Solutions          Tel: (603) 598-9544
131 D.W. Highway #618     Fax: (603) 598-2839
Nashua, NH 03060             WWW: <http:://www.webable.com>