Re: PRI - 9 LANG Attribute

A language of a phrase is an accessibility issue since a speaking browser
can't read French correctly knowing that it is iso-8859-1 and assuming
that it is English.
This is a difference between visual and speech medium.
That is, if a user speaks both English and French and so does his speaking
browser but the browser is not informed which is which, we have an
accessibility problem. One can claim that a browser can guess the language
in all kinds of ways. But then it could also guess MIME types too.

Nir Dagan

http://www.nirdagan.com
mailto:nir@nirdagan.com

"There is nothing quite so practical as a good theory."
-- A. Einstein