Re: Stupid

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 06:21:47 +0100
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@srl.rmit.EDU.AU>
cc: WAI GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

[jumping into that thread without having read all messages]

> Each MAP element may contain either one of the following:
> 1.One or more AREA elements...
> 2.Block-level content...

In the review of HTML4 for ISO-HTML over the summer, we also found that
constraint of the MAP content model.

I raised this issue internally, but I didn't get much time to push it
forward.

My current thinking is that we should fix it that way:
 ((area+) | (block+, (area+)?))

so that both AREA and regular block (e.g. A) is allowed.

But there is still the issue of backward compatibility of existing
browsers.