Re: Guidelines - events

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:40:23 +1000 (AEST)
To: WAI Markup Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I support Daniel's solution and concur with his regret that more generic
event names have not been included in HTML. However, I recall reading
somewhere (but can not remember the reference, unfortunately) that the
keyboard events were supposed to apply to speech input as well, though
maybe this comment was meant to refer only to the keyboard characters that
can be assigned to links and form fields.