Re: HOW TO HANDLE INTERIMS AND FUTURES.

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 1998 05:49:41 +1000 (EST)
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <po@trace.wisc.edu>
cc: "'GL - WAI Guidelines WG'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Maybe I seemed a little carried away on one issue in my last post (it's
very early here, and I am a night-bird). The point I was trying to make
is that we should encourage people to recognise things which limit
accessibility (such as lack of stylesheets) as limits of the medium, in
this case a restriction on the availability of formatting control.

In other cases, such as the use of D-links or LONGDESC, then we should
identify D-link as the Interim solution. We should recommend that
LONGDESC be included as well as D-link, which is necessary until such
time as HTML 4.0 compliant browsers are more or less universal. We should
also point out that this is likely to be some considerable time away.

Charles McCN