RE: Okay, is this better?

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:00:09 -0500
To: Mike Paciello <paciello@yuri.org>, "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 04:09 PM 27/03/98 -0500, Mike Paciello wrote:
>I would second Gregg's suggestion. Functional descriptions are much more
>critical to both the navigational and cognitive needs of the user. If,
>however the color of the line somehow implied meaning -- like a street
>signal -- then including the color would be important.

Providing the meaning rather than the visual indication of that meaning
would be better, in my opinion.  For example, if a site uses images of
orange dividing lines before warnings and green dividing lines before
notes, then ALT="Warning:" and ALT="Note:" would be better than ALT="Orange
Divider Line" and ALT="Green Divider Line".

--
Liam Quinn