RE: Okay, is this better?

At 04:09 PM 27/03/98 -0500, Mike Paciello wrote:
>I would second Gregg's suggestion. Functional descriptions are much more
>critical to both the navigational and cognitive needs of the user. If,
>however the color of the line somehow implied meaning -- like a street
>signal -- then including the color would be important.

Providing the meaning rather than the visual indication of that meaning
would be better, in my opinion.  For example, if a site uses images of
orange dividing lines before warnings and green dividing lines before
notes, then ALT="Warning:" and ALT="Note:" would be better than ALT="Orange
Divider Line" and ALT="Green Divider Line".

--
Liam Quinn