Re: HTML Presentation Elements

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 10:04:07 +0100
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
cc: Josh Krieger <josh@zafu.com>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> B, BASEFONT, BIG, CENTER, FONT, FRAME, FRAMESET, HR, I, IFRAME, IMG, PRE,
> S, SMALL, STRIKE, SUB, SUP, TT, U.

I disagree HR is in the set. HR is a structural element to me, which I
can decorated in CSS and specialize using its class or title.

FRAME stuff is also special, and separated in their own DTD.

IMG ? you mean vs. OBJECT ? It's not presentation, and not even
deprecated (APPLET is).

Interesting enough, this doesn't match the strict vs. loose dtd.
(B, I, TT, BIG and SMALL are in strict, the others are only in loose)

Also important to list are all the deprecated presentational
attributes (background, link color, compact, align, etc)