[Rating] Presentation

From: Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:52:10 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I'd like to achieve the following

when CSS is not supported/used, we get: [Required] with brackets.
if it is, then 'Required' to be in white/red, but without brackets.
(same kind of things with Recommended, New and Interim)

This is possible, using the following markup:

<SPAN class=bracket>[</SPAN>
<SPAN class=bracket>]</SPAN>

and CSS statements:

span.man {
       color : white;
       background : red;
}
span.bracket {
       display: none ;
}

Also, right now, Required and Recommended are marked with SPAN, but
not New and Interim. I suggest adding SPAN there as well, with bracket
class and a style that creates a box around rather than a color.

A la:
  span.new, span.interim { border-width: 1 ; }

You can check what it gives at
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/PAG-test

(Took me 5 minutes to do with an emacs macro, I also got rid of all
the &nbsp; and some font properties that looked bad for me in this
page)