RE: Images/ALT

It is not always the dollar cost, but the cost in getting people to think
differently that matters.  It is difficult to get people to change the way
they thimk about developing WWW materials, especially if they do not know
how much time or know how to add the features the guidelines sipulate.
Jon

At 02:22 PM 1/26/98 -0800, Charles (Chuck) Oppermann wrote:
>I highly agree with this.  There are a lot of "accessibility" people adding
>everything into the mix but there are little to no one talking about the
>cost of actually implementing these recommendations.
>
>I assume the HTML WG has large content producers advise the group.  The HTML
>Guidelines group should have the same.
>
>We need a sounding board for the viability of these recommendations and buy
>in from the authoring community.
>
>Charles Oppermann
>Program Manager, Active Accessibility, Microsoft Corporation
>mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com http://microsoft.com/enable/
>"A computer on every desk and in every home, usable by everyone!"

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870