RE: Lynx and ALT text

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:25:39 +1100 (AEDT)
To: HTML Guidelines Working Group <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Section 9.1 of the HTML 4.0 specification is also relevant here, in as
much as it states that authors can not rely on user agents to render space
immediately following a start tag. Thus, even if guidelines recommended
insertion of a space after the IMG element, it might not be rendered by
some user agents. I think this issue should be sent (1) to the lynx
developers; and (2) to the UI guidelines working group. I would also like
to know whether any other user agents, for example the text-based browser
used under Emacs, have the same problem. If so, then their developers
should be alerted.