IRC problem: notabug bringing in spam

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:44:55 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org, postmaster@notabug.com

I have some fairly effective spam filtering at webthing.com.
But my dialup address, c/o my ISP, is completely unfiltered,
and has recently started to get significant volumes *in spite of*
being completely private.

I've just got a message entitled "notabug.com".  Since the name notabug
rigns a bell, I actually read it, and it turned out to be "trafficmagnet"
spam.  That's blocked at Webthing, but checking the headers I found it
was addressed to my unfiltered address.  It appears to have been
harvested from the #er chatlogs at notabug.

Can I put in a plea for the administrators of notabug NOT to publish
email addresses featured in IRC, as these may be (as in my case)
a great deal more private and vulnerable than our "public" address.

Thank you,

--
Nick Kew