Re: IRC problem: notabug bringing in spam

From: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 18:36:37 -0600
Cc: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
To: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>

Nick Kew wrote:
> Can I put in a plea for the administrators of notabug NOT to publish
> email addresses featured in IRC, as these may be (as in my case)
> a great deal more private and vulnerable than our "public" address.

In a quick search of the logs I couldn't find your email address. I'm
happy to remove things from the logs if you can give me the date and
time so I can find them. If you don't want things to be in the logs,
start your line with [off].

But if you're worried about spam, I suggest you get a real solution,
like a Bayesian filter. Playing these silly email-address-hiding games
don't solve much, in my experience.
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com/]