Re: Automatically testing Web content for flicker

Hmmm. The conclusion I would draw is that people should use software that
protects them, and that this is important. However, it should be noted that
this is something that can be a problem, and there is value in avoiding
flicker if it isn't necessary (often, like red-green combinations, it isn't
that it was necessary, and in many cases authors are happy to try and change
something that affects people if it is easy enough to do).

As a web content requirement it should still stand I think, although it might
be a different priority level. (Back to the "until user agents..."
discussion)

Chaals

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Nick Kew wrote:

  On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Terje Bless wrote:

  > should be possible even accidentally. Making sure your content does not
  > contain any such seems emminently suitable for the WCAG, if perhaps a bit
  > obscure.

  But is that really helpful on the Web?  It could only work if _every_
  site is _guaranteed_ to conform; otherwise the epileptic is at risk
  when visiting an unknown site.

  Hence my comment that people affected by this should seek to use client
  software that doesn't expose them to the risk.