Re: Automatically testing Web content for flicker

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:19:35 +0100 (BST)
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
cc: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Terje Bless wrote:

> should be possible even accidentally. Making sure your content does not
> contain any such seems emminently suitable for the WCAG, if perhaps a bit
> obscure.

But is that really helpful on the Web?  It could only work if _every_
site is _guaranteed_ to conform; otherwise the epileptic is at risk
when visiting an unknown site.

Hence my comment that people affected by this should seek to use client
software that doesn't expose them to the risk.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.