Re: My first EARL client..

"Nick Kew":
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:
>
> > Yep, I would've put out a robot harvesting a few likely sites into
the DB,
> > but as it's reliant on Nick's service, I didn't want to send a robot
> > against it without his agreement
>
> Aaargh ... now I'll have to find time to look at it so I know what
you're
> talking about!

Sorry, it's pretty dull at the moment anyway, I could do this in Mozilla
without the xul, in a horrid hackabout kind of way (as a bookmarklet.)
I'm not sure if it would be worth it, as the XUL stuff is the way to go,
it just doesn't work yet.  All the dependance is though, is with your XML
validator (oh yeah, I have an oddity on that, using your extension
ie.html, or my original one, or the normal interface
http://www.showcaster.com validates ok, however making the identical
request (to ie.html) from my createearl.wsf, results in a fountain of
errors - my system dtd?)

> > and also thought it might be worthwhile
> > waiting until the check is more exhaustive than just a validation
which is
> > of little real world use to people browsing.
>
> OK, OK.  I wasn't going to go public with this yet, but there's a
> nascent tool at <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/xslt/waitest.html>
> you might like to look at.  With a suitable XSLT it will generate
> EARL.

I'll have a look, the well formed XML though would be a problem with real
sites...

> BTW - Jim - why not join us on IRC?

Er. 'cos I was asleep? within ~10-19:00 GMT just send me an email and
I'll join, outside that not so easy, I'm often only on 9.6k modem so I'm
normally just collecting email, but I may have a proper connection
occasionally.

Jim.