Re: My first EARL client..

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

> "Nick Kew":
> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:
> >
> > > Yep, I would've put out a robot harvesting a few likely sites into
> the DB,
> > > but as it's reliant on Nick's service, I didn't want to send a robot
> > > against it without his agreement
> >
> > Aaargh ... now I'll have to find time to look at it so I know what
> you're
> > talking about!
>
> Sorry, it's pretty dull at the moment anyway,

Sorry, Jim.  I'll grumble any time I have to access a Windoze box.
I'll do it - but it might take some time.

> > > waiting until the check is more exhaustive than just a validation
> which is
> > > of little real world use to people browsing.
> >
> > OK, OK.  I wasn't going to go public with this yet, but there's a
> > nascent tool at <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/xslt/waitest.html>
> > you might like to look at.  With a suitable XSLT it will generate
> > EARL.

OK, updates:

  (1) It no longer needs well-formed XML
  (2) It combines WCAG reporting with validation
  (3) Sean has sent me an outline that should help with constructing
      the EARL.  But I probably won't deal with that quite yet, as
      I have a bout of the lurgy :-(

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>