EARL

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:06:20 -0000
To: "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "Daniel Dardailler" <dd@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
> One of the things I wanted to do with the WART is to get
> it to output EARL.

What's the status with EARL currently? It keeps getting mentioned on the
lists in two completely different contexts: 1) as a completely finished
language that can already be output, and 2) as a develpment by ERT that
needs a spin-off group devoted to it (the "friday group"). [Note: While I
would like to join the "friday group" , I certainly can't get to the
meeting, and I still have no way of even getting onto a call...]

As far as I can tell by reading through the archives again and looking at
the ERT homepage, we have a great deal of discussion about uses etc., but
not too much about syntax. The most worrying thing is that we have an
architecture, but no RDF Schema yet... Daniel made a list of some of the
properties needed; could some one look at the ontologies of these, and we
should be able to make a Schema fairly quickly. Then anything that outputs
EARL will have something to conform to: a syntax.

[ :name "Sean B. Palmer" ] :hasHomepage <http://infomesh.net/sbp/> .