Re: Server Generated Pages - Checking For Accessibility

Chris,

I am responding on the list since I assume others will be interested in
this info as well.

The subgroup isn't yet focused on how to check the accessibility of server
generated pages, but first how to generate pages in an accessible
way.  Since we have to provide tests for checkpoints they will be thinking
about this eventually and in conjunction with ERT WG.

There is a subgroup in WCAG that discussed these issues at the f2f in
October.  Refer to the minutes from this meeting, look for the headings
"Discussion of generating content and cyber-ghettos" and "3) Server-side
techniques" http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2000/10/f2f-minutes.html

Cynthia Shelly and Matt May seem to be taking the lead in this area (refer
to Sean Palmer's list of technologies and editors:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001JanMar/0083.html).

In the mailing list archives, refer to the following threads:
Server Side techniques discussion from F2F:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2000OctDec/0082.html

multiple interfaces - a concrete example:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2000OctDec/0418.html

My Action Item: Multiple interface guideline -
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2000OctDec/0083.html

--wendy

--
wendy a chisholm