Re: A Crack at an EARL Vocabulary

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:39:48 -0500 (EST)
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
So here is the list, with a few comments...

  earl:asserts (x asserts y)
  earl:comment (x comments that y)
  earl:confidence (x is asserted to a confidence level of y)
  earl:conforms (x conforms to y)

  earl:testobject (x has test object y, or x is an earl:testobject)

Is this the thing that is being tested? Isn't it clear from what an earl
statement means that it is about an object? Which would make this redundant.
Or did I miss something again?

  earl:langtype (x is of langtype y [e.g. x earl:langtype "XHTML"])

:X :conforms http://www.w3.org/TR/ probably does this. (Maybe we could have a
special value for confidence assertions, or use a claim that the authr of the
page asserts that it conforms with a confidence of 0 or maybe we need this
property after all...

  earl:mode (x has a test mode of y)
Hmm. I f the assertions are made by a tool, by a person, or by a person and a
tool, then we know what the mode was don't we?

  earl:result (x has the result y)

  earl:person (x is an earl:person)
  earl:tool (x is an earl:tool)

  > X :meets [atag:levelA atag:checkpointN] .

  Fair enough, although you're still using a level as a property... I'm not
  sure what way around it there is, unless you say:-

       :x a earl:tool .
       :x earl:asserts
            { <URI> earl:conforms atag:cpN; atag:level "A" . }

  then you could have multiple assertions.

Well, I need a way to deal with ATAG relative priorities. I figure that the
syntax I offered was a lot neater (although that might just be because I
misused the syntax - I have a sneaking supscion we are saying the same
thing...

Chaals

  [ :name "Sean B. Palmer" ] :hasHomepage <http://infomesh.net/sbp/> .