Re: EARL example

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:10:02 -0500 (EST)
To: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>
cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>
This is legal, but it means that you go fetch the thing identified and there
is a step required where a person has to read the document to understand
where to find what triple-A means.

(I should have used meets1 or meets2 - these are defined within the scheme
already, and mean "meets to priority 1 level")

Charles McCN

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Leonard R. Kasday wrote:

  Chaaz said:

   > CMN:it doesn't say what level it conforms to WCAG at. (I recently
  adjusted the ATAG sources so
   > that there is an explicit URI that can be used for asserting conformance
  at each of the three possible levels).

  Instead of having a separate wcag URI for each level of conformance,  could
  we use wcag to define a namespace? e.g.

  <rdf:RDF xmlns:wcag="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#Conformance"
                 xmlns:conform="http://www.w3.org/1999/11/conforms/">

  <rdf:Description about="Overview.html">
       <conform:meets wcag:triple-A>
  </rdf:Description>

  Is this legal?  If so, any advantages or disadvantages?

  Len
  Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
  University
  (215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
  http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

  Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
  http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

  The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
  http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/