Re: EARL example

From: Leonard R. Kasday <kasday@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:05:30 -0500
To: w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org
Chaaz said:

 > CMN:it doesn't say what level it conforms to WCAG at. (I recently
adjusted the ATAG sources so
 > that there is an explicit URI that can be used for asserting conformance
at each of the three possible levels).

Instead of having a separate wcag URI for each level of conformance,  could
we use wcag to define a namespace? e.g.

<rdf:RDF xmlns:wcag="http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/#Conformance"
               xmlns:conform="http://www.w3.org/1999/11/conforms/">

<rdf:Description about="Overview.html">
     <conform:meets wcag:triple-A>
</rdf:Description>

Is this legal?  If so, any advantages or disadvantages?

Len
Institute on Disabilities/UAP and Dept. of Electrical Engineering at Temple
University
(215) 204-2247 (voice)                 (800) 750-7428 (TTY)
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday         mailto:kasday@acm.org

Chair, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative Evaluation and Repair Tools Group
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/

The WAVE web page accessibility evaluation assistant:
http://www.temple.edu/inst_disabilities/piat/wave/